At Riverfield B&B we are very popular with the mountain bike enthusiast. With mountain biking a firm favourite in our family there are a number of options available on our door step
- The GAP. Glencullen adventure park. Newly opened in 2017 this is a welcome addition to the mountain biking community in the South East. With 13 trails to choose from, bike rental, an uplift service and cafe on site this is an excellent day out for all levels of experience.
- Ballinastoe. Fast and flowy trails in the foot hills of the Wicklow mountains, there are a number of trails for all levels of experience. The trails are well signposted but be sure to keep your eyes pealed as there are plenty of other routes if you know what to look out for.
- Ticknock. The trails take the rider through beautiful forest and Heathland with fantastic views over Dublin City and Bay and the Wicklow Mountains beyond. Forest road climbs lead you into tight twisty singletrack with loads of fast descents, ups and downs, tight turns and technical rocky bits, guaranteed to leave you smiling!
- Djouce. Contains an extensive network of single track trails built originally over some years by a local MTB legend, with some further input from the good people at EPICMTB. Technical in places with some DH style descents. Possible to link to Ballinastoe via the Wicklow Way to extend the riding further.
- Bree hill. A real hidden gem. Whilst this is not an official trail it has held the IDMS race in the past. The people involved with Bree are constantly building new features here. It caters for all levels of experience with “chicken runs” available to the less experienced rider but there are plenty big drops and jumps for the more experienced rider and certainly a place for your go pro.